My RenderMan Study
- Defining a Object in Surface Shader, and Poor Ray Tracing (1 Feb 2000)
- We can do Ray Tracing with RenderMan if we define a object in surface shader. In this case, we need to program the argorithm of Ray Tracing in the shader. Although this method may be useless, I believe that I learned many things through this study, and I will like RenderMan more.
- Lens Flare Volume Shader (20 Mar 1998)
- Today, some Modeling Softwares are having 'Lens Flare' effect. So, I tried to write its shader, by using 'Lens Flare' of Photoshop as a reference. (Photoshop is a Painting Software trademarked by Adobe Systems.) So, I must admit that I have no knowledge of the real mechanism of lens flare.
- Make Tree from Cylinder and Cone (7 Jan 1998)
- The shape of a tree is very complex, and I think it is difficult to make the CG image (Do you think so? But if you have one Tree Modeling Software, you may not.). So, I modeled it in simple objects *Cylinder and Cone*, wrote four shaders and rendered with RenderMan.
I don't know whether this way and these shaders are generally helpful and useful or not. But, writing shaders is helpful and useful for me now studying RenderMan!